While there are no laws requiring paid sick leave on the federal level, more and more state and local governments have passed laws requiring employers in their jurisdictions to provide employees with paid sick leave. These laws vary in coverage and scope. Further complicating matters, states such as California have both state and local requirements for paid sick leave in various cities. For companies operating exclusively in these jurisdictions, these requirements may be well known. However, companies with remote employees may be unaware of their responsibilities and risk noncompliance if they do not provide their local employees with the paid leave that is legally required.
Please join Melissa Fleischer as she provides a better understanding of which jurisdictions have paid sick leave laws and how employers can ensure compliance. It will also help to explain how these leaves may run concurrently with any Family and Medical Leave Act leaves of absence.
This webinar will cover the following issues:
- No requirement for paid leave under federal law
- Which states and localities have paid sick leave laws
- What these jurisdictions usually require in terms of paid sick leave
- How accrual works under these laws
- What policies are necessary for paid sick leave
- How to avoid potential legal pitfalls of paid sick leave
- And much more!
Presenter: Melissa Fleischer, Attorney at Law, President and Founder, HR Learning Center LLC
Continue by clicking on the following link: