This program will provide an overview of critical workplace law issues arising during the integration phase of media industry mergers and acquisitions.
Whether it’s navigating employment law issues such as inconsistent payroll practices, overtime eligibility status, FMLA calendar integration and notice, reductions in force (RIF) and WARN notices, labor challenges such as successorship and bargaining obligations, or complex benefits issues resulting from the interpretation or modification of benefits programs, the legal and HR practitioner will benefit from this insightful program.
In addition to providing context to the particular issues arising in asset versus stock deals, participants will be provided with a useful checklist of items to consider when undertaking integration projects within the media industry.
The following topics will be covered:
- Employment issues including compliance with terms of the SPA or APA, employee relations communications, payroll integration, wage and hour considerations, FMLA considerations, RIF and WARN considerations, employee contracts, restrictive covenants, affirmative action and diversity issues, required postings and recordkeeping, and training
- Labor issues including successorship and bargaining issues
- Benefits issues including asset sales versus stock sales, retirement plan benefits, welfare plan benefits, executive compensation issues, payroll tax issues, practical consideratio
- Daniel V. Duff III, Principal
- Melissa Ostrower, Principal
Continue by clicking on the following link: