Why You Should Attend
Qualified retirement plans, IRAs, and Roth IRAs often represent a significant portion of many estates. The employee benefit and income tax rules that apply to retirement plans, however, impose additional planning considerations that may seem counter-intuitive to estate planners.
Join us for this practical webcast and learn how to integrate retirement plans into your client’s estate plan while minimizing the potential for pitfalls and traps—for both you and the intended beneficiary. Also learn to recognize the unique issues that may arise during the estate administration of the retirement plan owner.
What You Will Learn
This up-to-date audio webcast, taught by two nationally known experts in wealth transfer planning, will give you the latest information and guidance on:
- Minimum distributions during the plan owner’s life, and after death
- Estate planning techniques to balance minimum distributions with other considerations
- How to draft trusts that qualify for optimal post-death minimum distributions
- Spousal rights in retirement plans under federal and state law, and how to address them in the estate plan
- Whom to designate as death beneficiary, and why
- Death administration of retirement plans
- Disclaiming and other post-mortem strategies
- Roth IRA conversions, and when they make sense
- Qualified charitable distributions from IRAs, and when they make sense
- Rollover and transfer rules for spouse and non-spouse beneficiaries
Continue by clicking on the following link: