Phishing, social engineering, brute force attacks - con artists and hackers are turning their attention to 401(k) accounts and your participant websites and call centers are not immune. In fact, criminals have identified retirement plan accounts are attractive and easy targets for theft. Learn how scammers are trying to access your customers' accounts and what you can do to protect participants and your firm.
- Reasons why retirement plans are attractive targets for theft
- Potential targets
- ERISA fiduciary duties to protect plan assets
- Common forms of identity fraud and cyber-theft
- Strategies for avoiding fraud/theft
- Liability issues for TPAs and Plan Sponsors
After participating in this program, an attendee should be able to:
- Identify the most common forms of identity theft and cyber-fraud
- Develop strategies to mitigate the risk of theft/fraud
- Advise a client regarding the potential liabilities associated with account or data theft
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
Continue by clicking on the following link: