2019 has started and we are only about 14 months away from the deadline for all 403(b) employers to restate their plans. 2018 was one of those years where we saw many changes and clarifications from both IRS and DOL. We received proposed regulations on changes in hardship distribution rules; guidance on the famous 403(b) rule “once-in, always in;” EPCU projects relating to 403(b)s and distributions; and a big uptick in IRS audits!
This webcast covers hot topics in the 403(b) / 457 industry and includes regulatory updates, as well as refresher topics on subjects that generate frequently asked questions through TechTalk, and what the IRS has been looking at in audits. Hold on to your hats; this webcast promises to be a fast rollercoaster ride!
- Summarize the changes that are critical to the 457 and 403(b) plans.
- Become aware of amendment deadlines for recent guidance changes.
- Be proactive — be able to discuss items that you, the advisor, TPA or firm should know and take steps to prepare and protect your clients.
- Review topic areas with the highest volume of questions through TechTalk.
- Identify problem areas in 403(b) and 457(b) plans.
Speaker: Sue Diehl, QKA, CPC, ERPA, President, PenServ Plan Services, Inc.
Continue by clicking on the following link: