Rehired employees often cause significant difficulties in administering qualified plans. This webcast discusses many of the unique issues facing plan sponsors and record-keepers in applying the eligibility and distribution rules for rehired employees.
In this webcast John Griffin, J.D., LL.M., will cover the following topics:
- Applying eligibility rules to determine when employees must be allowed to participate upon rehire
- Timing of cash-out distributions and the procedures for dealing with repayments/restorations
- Correctly calculating vesting for rehired employees
- Dealing with rehired employees under automatic deferral arrangements
- Applying the break-in-service rules and the difficulties of dealing with rehired employees under 401(k) plans
Industry expert and ERISA attorney, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M., has over 35 years' experience in the employee benefits field, including training and consulting with top firms in the industry.
Continue by clicking on the following link: