Designing a qualified retirement plan for an employer that is a member of a "controlled group" presents unique challenges, including compliance testing issues.
In this 2-hour CE webcast, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M. discusses many of the most important plan design considerations and compliance mistakes.
The webcast topics include:
- Basic controlled group rules for qualified plans/*/
- Qualification rules impacted by controlled group status
- Plan design application for specific qualification requirements, including:
- Crediting service for eligibility and vesting purposes
- HCE determination
- Coverage issues
- Nondiscrimination testing issues
- Top-heavy plan concerns
- Spousal attribution problems
- Other special issues to consider
- Plan documents
- Using the Code §410(b)(6)(C) rules
- Consequences of really being a multiple employer plans
/*/ The webcast will include a general discussion of the controlled group rules, but will not get into the many nuances of controlled group and related employer determinations.
Industry expert and ERISA attorney, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M., has over 35 years' experience in the employee benefits field, including training and consulting with top firms in the industry.
Continue by clicking on the following link: