Churches, church-related organizations and government entities may adopt qualified retirement plans. However, because these plans generally are exempt from Title I of ERISA and certain qualification rules, the plan documentation and administration for such plans can be significantly different from a plan of a for-profit employer.
In this 2-hour CE webcast, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M. will discuss the many special exemptions and requirement applicable to these special types of employers.
The webcast topics will include:
- Exemptions from Title I coverage
- Special application of the Code's qualification rules to church plans
- Issues relating to the definition of a church plan
- Special application of the Code's qualification rules to governmental plans
- Issues relating to the definition of governmental plan
- Other unique issues for church plans and governmental plans
- Plan document issues
- Nondiscrimination testing
- Related employer determination
- And more!
Industry expert and ERISA attorney, John Griffin, J.D., LL.M., has over 35 years' experience in the employee benefits field, including training and consulting with top firms in the industry.
Continue by clicking on the following link: