As the economy picks up, employers need to find creative ways to attract new employees and retain their current employees. The most common way is through providing fringe benefits to their employees. These benefits can range from health care plans to the use of company cars. However, both the employer and the employees need to know the tax effects of offering and receiving these benefits.
In this practical webinar, you will learn about common fringe benefits and the tax effects on both the employee and the employer. You will reference the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act to delve into the new laws for some common deductions, such as meals, entertainment, and employee parking.
Upon course completion, you will be able to:
- Identify different types of fringe benefits
- Determine tax implications of fringe benefits for the employer
- Determine tax implications of fringe benefits for the employee
- Describe how the new tax law affects fringe benefits
- Describe new meals and entertainment rules under the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act
Faculty: Nicholas Preusch, CPA, JD, LLM, PBMares, LLP
Continue by clicking on the following link: