Wellness programs are a very common employer-sponsored benefit and are subject to a maze of rules, including regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), with important differences between them. In addition, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has taken action against companies offering wellness programs that it claims are not voluntary but also rescinded its 2016 wellness regulations. Adding to the difficulty of designing and administering a compliant wellness program, the DOL has taken enforcement action against employers to challenge wellness programs it considers noncompliant and is auditing wellness programs. Meanwhile, the IRS issued guidance warning that certain wellness program designs that had been heavily promoted could not be offered tax-free. In the face of the many compliance challenges, employers may need to review the design and administration of their wellness programs to ensure compliance and to avoid being the next target of agency enforcement efforts.
Please join Christine Williams, founder of Health Plan Plain Talk, as she reviews the regulations governing wellness programs, the recent enforcement activity by the IRS and DOL, and the questions surrounding the rescission of the EEOC regulations.
Just a sampling of what this webinar will cover:
- What the DOL wellness program enforcement actions target
- What the IRS wellness program guidance targets
- How the wellness program regulations issued by the DOL and the IRS differ
- The effect of the EEOC’s rescission of its wellness program regulations
- What constitutes a “voluntary” wellness program under the EEOC regulations
- How to design a wellness program that complies with the regulations
- How HIPAA and other privacy and confidentiality regulations affect wellness programs
- How permissible wellness program incentives are calculatedWhen the regulations requiring reasonable alternative methods of obtaining wellness program incentives apply
- Notice requirements for wellness programs
- And much more!
Continue by clicking on the following link: