IRS opinions have clarified the rules relating to deduction limits. This Web seminar focuses on deduction limits and timing for defined contribution plans. The speaker, David Schultz, examines the limit for a combination of plans.
He also answers questions such as:
- Whose compensation can I count in determining the deduction limit?
- Under what circumstances must I used prorated limits?
- What is the combined deduction limit?
- What plans are subject to the combined deduction limit?
- What is the penalty for excess contributions?
- When must an employer deposit contributions?
- Does it matter if the employer uses cash or accrual accounting?
After attending this Web seminar, an attendee should be able to:
- Determine the employees counted in determining deduction limits
- Correctly compute the deduction limit in a variety of situations
- Explain the deadline for contributions and the effects of extensions
- Complete Form 5330 for excess contributions
- Carry forward excess contributions
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
Continue by clicking on the following link: