Defined Benefit Plan Document Workshop – A 2-Part Program 
Part 1: Monday, May 20, 2019
Part 2: Tuesday, June 17, 2019
The pre-approved defined benefit plan restatement period has begun. Perhaps the most notable change is that this is the first time the IRS has permitted cash-balance provisions to be included in a pre-approved plan, but there is more. Plan sponsors using pre-approved plan have until April 30, 2020 to restate their plan documents.
The program provides a line-by-line review of the Adoption Agreement as well as a review of key provisions in the Basic Plan Document. The focus is primarily on the Adoption Agreement formatted volume submitter plan, giving background and explanations as to its use, including suggested completion of check-box and blank line options. Attendees receive a practical understanding of the FIS pre-approved defined benefit plan document.
- The pre-approved defined benefit plan remedial amendment period and deadlines
- Restatement prior to plan termination
- Impermissible provisions
- The impact of modifications to the pre-approved document
- A detailed review of the DB Adoption Agreement
- Highlights from the DB Basic Plan Document
After attending this Web seminar, attendees should be able to:
- Understand the unique issues associated with defined benefit plan documents
- Complete the adoption agreement to reflect intended plan designs (typically determined by the plan’s actuary)
- Select the proper effective date for the document
- Interpret key provisions in the Adoption Agreement and Basic Plan Document, and more
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
Continue by clicking on the following link: