The Form 5500 filing provides government regulators, plan participants, and the general public with important information about retirement plans. The answers filed in this complex document can trigger regulator examinations, provide information that can be used by service providers to disrupt existing relationships, or details that participants and attorneys can use to make claims against the plan. The document is submitted under penalties of perjury and incomplete or incorrect answers can be costly. This workshop will provide you with the tools necessary to understand the filing obligations a plan sponsor may have and how to satisfy them while minimizing the likelihood of IRS or DOL correspondence.
Relius Education’s Form 5500 Workshop is constantly changing to help you meet the new challenges, based on legal, regulatory, and administrative changes.
Of course, you will find answers to your Form 5500 and 8955-SSA questions, but we will also be taking a close look at:
- Removal of the "optional" IRS compliance questions and impact on Schedule R
- "Red flag" answers to DOL compliance questions
- The final program for late filing Form 5500-EZ
- Changes to the 2018 Form 5500
Upon completion of the Workshop, an attendee should be able to:
- Identify which questions and responses likely will invite IRS / DOL audits or investigations
- Complete the Form 5500 and accompanying schedules correctly
- Determine when to use Form 5500-SF or 5500-EZ
- Determine whether to answer new compliance questions and how to answer them
- Complete a Form 5500 for a welfare plan and a 403(b) plan
- Complete the Form 8955-SSA
- Resolve a late filing of a 5500 series Form
View / Print the 2019 Form 5500 Workshop Agenda.
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
The Form 5500 Workshop is followed on the next day by the ERISA Workshop. A multi-program discount will be available.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City - International Airport
7640 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway
Kansas City, MO
Continue by clicking on the following link: