Covering Current Events, Hardship Distributions, QDROs, and More
Questions. Retirement plan administration gives rise to many different questions, and the answers are constantly changing. The 2019 ERISA Workshop is designed to give you the answers you need to the difficult questions that plague retirement plan practitioners.
As always, we will feature discussion and case studies on some of the top issues of the day, such as:
How changes in Washington may impact retirement plan laws and regulations over the coming years
How recent legal and regulatory changes to hardship distributions will impact plan participants and administrators
The risks and requirements faced by plan administrators, custodians, and fiduciaries due to fraud and cybertheft
The proper method for issuing electronic notices under IRS and DOL guidance
Appropriate correction procedures for errors with safe harbor 401(k) plans
Taught by professional attorney/instructors, the ERISA workshop helps the rules make sense by presenting them against the backdrop of real life problems. Our attorney / instructor not only knows what the law says, he knows how to present it in a manner that is clear and readily understandable.
After the program, attendees should be able to:
- Explain which of the recent changes to hardship distributions are mandatory vs. optional
- Determine the deadline to amend a plan to comply with the new hardship rules
- Identify the primary identity theft and cybersecurity risks to retirement plan sponsors and providers.
- Properly advise plan sponsors regarding the proper handling of QDROs
- Develop compliant processes for electronic distribution of various participant notices
- Explain the best correction method for various operational failures in safe harbor 401(k) plans
- Detail the major changes to laws, regulations, and guidance that can impact plan sponsors in 2019 and beyond
View / Print the 2019 ERISA Workshop Agenda.
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D.
The ERISA Workshop is preceded on the prior day by the Form 5500 Workshop. A multi-program discount will be available.
Embassy Suites by Hilton Kansas City - International Airport
7640 NW Tiffany Springs Parkway
Kansas City, MO
Continue by clicking on the following link: