Intended to assist businesses in offering retirement plans to their employees, U.S. President Trump issued an Executive Order (EO) directing the Departments of Labor and the Treasury to issue regulations that would modify the general process of retirement plans. The signed EO allows small businesses to offer retirement plans through pooled plans, also known as Association Retirement Plans (ARPs) or Multiple Employer Plans (MEPs). It also initiates to review Minimum Distribution (RMD) rules and the retirement plans’ paperwork and administrative requirements.
With the ever-evolving regulatory framework, the future and impact of these new developments to the retirement plan landscape remains unclear. Thus, it is necessary for employers and employees to keep themselves abreast of the trends and updates that may potentially arise.
Join a panel of thought leaders and professionals brought together by The Knowledge Group as they provide and present to the audience an in-depth discussion of Trump’s Executive Order on Retirement Plans. Speakers will identify important issues and updates surrounding this significant topic. Speakers will also offer best practices in developing and implementing an effective retirement plan strategy.
Key topics include:
- Trump’s E.O. on Retirement Plans: An Overview
- Required Minimum Distribution (RMD) Rules
- The Retirement Enhancement Savings Act (RESA)
- Identifying Red Flags
- Implications and Inferences
- Best Retirement Plan Strategy
- A 2019 Outlook
- Paul L. Porretta, Partner, Pepper Hamilton LLP
- Aliya Robinson, Senior Vice President, Retirement and Compensation Policy, The ERISA Industry Committee (ERIC)
Continue by clicking on the following link: