Who Can Attend? - Any employee benefit Plan sponsors, financial institutions, trust companies, Plan officials or parties-in-interest.
Learn How To Apply and Get Approved - You'll receive instructions on how to make corrections and use the Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program (VFCP).
Eligible ERISA Transactions:
- Delinquent Participant Contributions to Retirement Plans, or Insured Welfare Plans, or Welfare Plan Trusts.
- Fair Market Interest Rate Loans from Employee Benefit Plans to Parties in Interest (PIIs).
- Below Market Interest Rate Loans to Parties in Interest, or Nonparties in Interest.
- Below Market Interest Rate Loans to Non PIIs due to delays in perfecting loan collateral security.
- Participant Loans that fail to comply with plan provisions for amount, duration or level amortization.
- Default Participant Loans.
- Purchase of Assets by Plans from Parties In Interest.
- Sale of Assets by Plans to Parties in Interest.
- Sale and Leaseback of Real Property to Sponsoring Employers.
- Purchase of Assets from Non PIIs at more than Fair Market Value (FMV).
- Sale of Assets to Non PII at less than FMV.
- Holding of Illiquid Assets Previously Purchased by Plan
- Benefit Payments based on improper Valuation of Plan assets.
- Payment from a Plan of duplicate, excessive, or unnecessary compensation.
- Expenses Improperly Paid by a Plan, including Settlor fees.
- Payment from a Plan of dual compensation to Plan fiduciaries.
Bonus - Learn if you are eligible for relief of IRS Excise Taxes and how you might pay your plan the amount you would otherwise owe in Excise Tax.
Also learn about the Department’s Abandoned Plan Program and who may qualify as a Qualified Termination Administrator (QTA). You can receive one-on-one assistance with respect to either the Voluntary Fiduciary Correction or Abandoned Plan Programs. EBSA benefits advisors will be onsite to address your specific questions.
Pre-registration for the workshop is required by May 9, 2019. We ask that you make every effort to attend the workshop once you register or send an alternate. Late registrations will be accepted based upon availability and seats are allocated on a first-come basis. As a courtesy we ask that you turn off all cell phones and electronic equipment during the workshop. Please act quickly to reserve your spot!
Cost: The workshop and all materials provided are free!
EBSA Cincinnati Regional Office
1st Floor Conference Rooms
1885 Dixie Highway
Fort Wright, Kentucky
Continue by clicking on the following link: