Getting your organization’s health and welfare plan benefits right from the start is a daunting task for any human resources professional. This course will teach the fundamentals every HR practitioner must know. You will learn about the different types of health and welfare benefits and the key components of health and welfare plans. The course also includes a review and discussion of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and its impact on health plans.
Key topics covered include:
- An overview of the types of health and welfare plans.
- Focus on key areas such as health care benefits, the concept of choice, disability plans, survivor benefits, pay for time not worked and the administration of these programs.
- The medical component of health care benefits.
- Behavioral health care, prescription drug plans, dental plans, vision plans, disability plans and long-term care plans.
- Complementary programs that encourage and support employee health.
- Employee benefits choice and flexibility.Aligning benefits outcomes with your organization’s cost strategy.
Forefront Waltham Conference Center
404 Wyman Street
Continue by clicking on the following link: