Learn more surrounding the AHP’s within the workplace and how this has been regulated with key impact in today’s society.
Many small to middle sized employers struggle today to compete for employee talent and to provide their employees with competitive employee benefits. Over the last 10 years, the group health insurance premiums have increased by nearly 70% and the number of market choices has shrunk. Many small employers have dropped their group health insurance coverages, leaving their employees to fend for themselves.
Association Health Plans have been around for a long time but have been surrounded by confusion and controversy. President Trump issued an Executive Order in October of 2017 and the Department of Labor followed that with a final rule in June 2018. The final rule has changed the health insurance landscape for employers and employees. It’s time to take a fresh look at Association Health Plans as a viable solution.
This topic will reintroduce you to Association Health Plans (AHPs) and Multiple Employer Welfare Arrangements (MEWAs) and how they can benefit organizations who offer them to their employees as part of an affinity program. It will dispel rumors and myths that surround AHPs and help you weigh the pros and cons of these programs when considering whether to invest in them for their employees. As talent attraction and health insurance costs become a greater challenge for every business, including nonprofit organizations, the time is now to find out how to evaluate the value of an AHP to your organization.
- You will be able to define what an Association Health Plan (AHP) is.
- You will be able to discuss how AHPs are very regulated.
- You will be able to explain the DOL New Final Rule’s and their impact and key effective dates.
- You will be able to identify the difference between AHPs and MEWAs.
- AHP: It's Not a New Solution!
- So, What's the Excitement? a New Pathway for AHPs
- Administration's Goal: Market Place Equity for Small Employers
- Why? the Problem:
- The Health Insurance Landscape
- Small Employer Talent Attraction and Retention
- The New DOL AHP Rule
- What's New and Want's Old
- Staggered Effective Dates
- MEWA vs. AHP
- Structure and Funding Choices
- Comparing Old vs. New Rules
- What to Consider and What to Look for
- AHP Solutions Vary: Be Cautious
- Compliance Opens You to a Landmine Field of Liability and Responsibility
- Value of Selecting an AHP for Your Business
- AHPs Bring Choice and Competition to the Small and Medium Employer Health Insurance Markets
Continue by clicking on the following link: