The penalties for engaging in a prohibited transaction can be costly, so understanding the rules is important for anyone working with retirement plans. While some prohibited transactions are relatively easy to identify, others are less obvious. Accordingly, a fundamental knowledge of the prohibited transaction requirements is important for retirement plan practitioners.
This webinar will review the rules, penalties and exemptions relating to prohibited transactions.
- Identify a disqualified person and a party-in-interest.
- Explain the tax consequences of engaging in a prohibited transaction.
- Determine which types of transactions are prohibited.
- Identify exemptions to the prohibited transaction requirements.
- Explain the breadth of the prohibited transactions requirements to a plan sponsor.
- Advise plan sponsors how to properly remedy prohibited transactions.
Speaker: David Schultz, J.D., APM
Continue by clicking on the following link: