An investment policy statement is an important way to document goals and the plans to achieve them. While they are not a requirement as part of an investment plan, having one in place can help keep a plan on course during times of stress and uncertainty.
Derek Sasveld, Director, Investment Solutions, BMO Global Asset Management, joins the podcast to break down the basics of investment policy statements, including the four components of a well-written investment policy statement.
In this episode:
- What is an investment policy statement?
- The four key components: Why, what, how and who
- Differences between the statements of institutions and individuals
- How often should you revisit an already established IPS?
- Benefits of an IPS for all parties involved
- Ben D. Jones, Managing Director, Intermediary Distribution, BMO Global Asset Management
- Emily Larsen, Product Strategy Manager, BMO Global Asset Management
Continue by clicking on the following link: