Pension risk management has become very complicated over the past several years with the changing economic and regulatory environments, and an array of strategies or combinations of strategies from which to choose. While the movement toward pension risk transfer has accelerated, there are still pension funds that either are not ready or choose to maintain their funds and manage risk with a liability driven investing strategy. The Managing Pension Risk and Liabilities conference will provide actionable information for developing, implementing and managing pension risk for every pension fund no matter the strategy chosen.
Pension funds have generally enjoyed funding status improvements over the past year, thanks to a prolonged bull market. Now, the challenge is to lock-in funded status gains. An important lesson learned by pension funds is that growth assets are needed to maintain funded status even when following an LDI strategy.
Another important lesson learned in recent years is that risk management strategies must be customized to the fund, taking into consideration the fund’s risk appetite, funding status, and end goal. Along with a customized strategy, funds need to create more customized benchmarks for measuring performance.
The Managing Pension Risk and Liabilities will cover these and other topics including:
- Surveying the array of pension risk management strategies
- Using holistic asset-liability modeling analysis to understand the plan’s risk relative to liabilities
- Developing a glidepath that is both robust and nimble
- Creating a customized LDI strategy with customized benchmarks
- Innovative portfolio hedging strategies
- Preparing for a Pension Risk Transfer (PRT)
Continue by clicking on the following link: