Let's break it down together.
This series is designed to cover the big issues – straight and to the point. We will break down legislation and regulations that affect employee benefit plans.
You have questions? Great! Because Office Hours is specifically designed to address your questions.
We want to help you find the answers.
COBRA Continuation Coverage: The Top Five Issues for Employers
Topics for discussion:
- Qualifying Events
- Early termination of COBRA events
- Disability extensions
- Gross misconduct exceptions
- Special FMLA and anticipation rules
- Divorce vs. legal separation
- Elections and Payment
- Details on the notice requirements
- Late election / payment exceptions
- Failure to timely provide notices
- Independent election rights
- Coverage Options
- Open enrollment rights detailed
- Moving out of the HMO service area
- Changes to the active plan
- COBRA Subsidies
- Fully insured vs. self-insured rules
- Important disclaimers in severance
- What happens when exhausted?
- Special Issues
- Domestic partners, M&A, Medicare, state mini-COBRA, and more!
Speaker: Brian Gilmore, Lead Benefits Counsel, VP, ABD Insurance & Financial Services
View presentation slides
Continue by clicking on the following link: