Amid erratic public stock and bond markets, unprecedented monetary policy moves and mass unemployment — all stemming from the COVID-19 pandemic — pension fund investors around the world may be wondering what to do next.
While seemingly everything has changed, benefit obligations remain the same. And so pension funds must navigate an economic situation that few saw coming as the world faces the possibility of unprecedented societal change.
By harnessing their trillions of dollars, euros, renminbi and yen, might institutional investors individually and collectively be able to help rebuild the world’s shattered economy? And what is a pension fund’s fiduciary duty when it comes to rebuilding a society in which its members can live?
Join P&I’s webinar prelude to our WorldPensionSummit 2020, where our panel will explore these questions and discuss:
- How institutional investors can help to rebuild economies and societies
- Philanthropy 2.0 – Capturing investment returns by helping out
- Whose responsibility is it anyway?
- What we have learned about corporate governance and how to use the investor voice in future
Moderator: Elizabeth Pfeuti, Director of Programming, P&I WorldPensionSummit
- Debby Blakey, CEO, HESTA
- Thijs Knaap, Senior Strategist, APG Asset Management
- Simon Pilcher, CEO, Investment Management, USS Investment Mgmt Ltd
More Information, How to Register