n the last few days this month, DOL has released new mandates and guidance on workplace issues under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) for all employers and HR department to abide by. It has become extremely important for employers to stay updated and follow these recent and ever-changing regulations during these difficult times to stay compliant and avoid legal and financial penalties. This webinar is being conducted to provide a detailed assessment of the recent regulations issued by DOL for employers to follow.
The following topics will be discussed in detail during this session:
- New DOL regulations for paid sick leave and expanded family and medical leave under the FFCRA
- New guidelines on reimbursement for unauthorized telework hours by employees.
- Is hazard pay required for employees working through a pandemic?
- Recent guidance on overtime rules during covid-19 whether approved or not by the employer
- Will telemedicine visits count as in-person visits to establish a serious health condition under the FMLA?
- New DOL regulations for Emergency Paid Leaves
- Guidance on wage and hour issues that arise when dealing with schedule reductions and exempt employees
- What are your obligations to exempt workers as per DOL latest mandates ?
- Clarity on the implications of volunteer work during pandemic induced furloughs
- Update on employee / employer subsidies
- What risks are employers are facing and how they can best reduce their exposure ?
- Layoff / Furlough / Termination (indefinite Layoff) / Pat-time reduction in labor force? what to consider when balancing your workforce to business needs.
- FAQs & Examples
Ask your questions & get expert advice directly from the speaker during the informative Q/A session at the end of the webinar session.
About The Trainer : Joe Aitchison, SPHR, is Vice President of BASIC, a HR Service Company providing employer solution in the area of human resources and benefit administration. Services include payroll, unemployment, COBRA, FLEX, FMLA and HR outsource services. In his current role, Mr. Aitchison is responsible for regulatory compliance and is BASICs resident expert on employment practice and benefits. He provides guidance on HR best practice to BASICs 9,000 clients nationally. He is a known, frequent national speaker at conferences, presenting on "Employer Best Practice", Health Care Reform, employee benefits, FMLA and employment related federal regulations. Mr. Aitchison has obtained a life time certification as a Senior Professional in Human Resources. He has thirty years of human resource and business management experience working with international automotive manufacturing, commercial manufacturing, warehouse and distribution, transportation, retail, gaming & hospitality, food processing, healthcare, legal, financial services, engineering & scientific professional services, public sector and not for profit organizations. Positions held include: CEO/President, senior executive, operations management and company director. Mr. Aitchison serves as a board member on several profit and not for profit boards.
More Information, How to Register