Understanding the Gap: Trends in Minorities’ Savings and Investments
Results from the 31st Annual Retirement Confidence Survey (2021) will be presented. The 2021 survey oversampled Black and Hispanic workers and retirees on their attitudes toward, preparations for, and expectations of retirement and savings in general. Consequently, a closer examination of these workers will be discussed by age and income. Furthermore, the findings from the Ariel Investments & Charles Schwab Black Investor Survey will provide further important insights into the financial experiences of Black Americans.
Savings and Diverse Communities
Experts will highlight research identifying barriers to savings opportunities and trust in financial institutions within minority communities, in addition to exploring how diverse communities may have different savings goals and concerns, even among affluent investors. They will also discuss possible policy, institutional, and community solutions and strategies that can be used to overcome savings obstacles experienced by minority populations.
- Craig Copeland, Senior Research Associate, Employee Benefit Research Institute
- Bonnie E. Orlowski, CAIA, Senior Vice President, Head of Consultant Relations & Financial Intermediaries, Ariel Investments
- Ray Boshara, Senior Advisor and Assistant Vice President of the Institute for Economic Equity at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis
- Reilly White, Associate Professor of Finance, Endowed Bank of America Lecturer and Daniels Fund Ethics Fellow at the University of New Mexico
- Jen Auerbach-Rodriguez, Managing Director, Head of Strategic Growth Markets, Merrill Lynch Wealth Management
- Ali Khawar, EBSA Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary
More Information, How to Register