Employees and executives with stock options, restricted stock/RSUs, or founder's stock in fast-growing private companies face important wealth-building and tax-minimizing decisions. In 100 minutes, this webinar covers the fundamentals of private company stock grants and related strategies for financial and tax planning that can help advisors serve these clients effectively, build wealth, and prevent expensive mistakes.
Decreasing valuations for private company stock, shifts in the resale markets, and the decline in IPOs make the need for effective guidance even more important, as this webinar will cover. Plus, now is the best time to position your clients for the rebound in IPOs.
The webinar features a panel of three leading financial and tax advisors presenting practical guidance and real-world case studies. Their insights and expertise apply to clients at both startups and later-stage private companies, from the time of grant until the company goes public or is acquired.
- How and why equity grants in private companies differ from those in public companies
- Early-exercise stock options and Section 83(b) elections
- Best time to exercise options in a private company
- Double-trigger RSUs: how they're structured and the many issues they raise
- Strategies for down markets, shifts in the private company resale market, and limited IPOs
- Preparing for the IPO rebound: financial, tax, and estate-planning steps to take now
- Mistakes to avoid in financial/tax planning, from startup to pre-IPO
- Ways to finance exercises of private company stock options, including outside sources, and how terms are changing in current market conditions
- Strategies in estate and charitable planning for low-basis stock
- Qualified Small Business Stock (QSBS)
- Evaluating liquidity programs for private company stock, including private tender offers and secondary market resales
- 409A valuations and why they're important for tax and financial planning
- Checklist of key features to look for in clients' private company stock grants
- Case studies
More Information, How to Register