|NEW YORK, Oct. 15 -- Bankrate, Inc. (NASDAQ:RATE) today published a new suite of 15 calculators as part of its recently launched Retirement Channel. Bankrate's calculators have been designed to help consumers evaluate and plan their retirement savings. The new calculators, which are free to consumers, enable users to compute net worth, monthly savings schedule, 401(k) contributions, early withdrawal from retirement accounts, required minimum distributions, retirement income and more.
To view the full listing of retirement calculators go to www.bankrate.com/brm/calculators/retirement.asp.
"The enhanced calculator offering takes the guess-work out of assessing retirement savings," said Thomas R. Evans, President and CEO of Bankrate, Inc. "Bankrate provides consumers with the tools they need to stay ahead of the retirement planning curve," Mr. Evans added.
The new calculators include:
- 401(k) savings calculator - Helps company employees project their future retirement nest eggs
- 401(k) savings with profit sharing - Helps workers in a profit sharing plan project their future retirement savings
- 403(b) savings calculator - Helps teachers and workers at nonprofit companies project their future retirement funds
- 457 savings calculator - Helps government workers project their future retirement reserves
- 72(t) calculator: Early withdrawals from retirement accounts - Helps early retirees avoid paying penalty fees when withdrawing funds from their retirement plans
- 72(t) distributions: Impact on retirement fund balances - Helps those taking early distributions see their impact on retirement balances
- Beneficiary required minimum distribution - Helps beneficiaries determine how much they must withdraw each year from an inherited retirement plan.
- Required minimum distribution - Helps retirees calculate withdrawals hey are required to take.
- Required minimum distribution - Also helps retirees calculate withdrawals they are required to take.
- Retirement income calculator - Determines the monthly income your savings will generate in retirement
- Retirement planner - This calculator projects how long your retirement savings will last.
- Retirement pension planner - This calculator looks at tax-deferred savings and how long they will last
- Retirement contribution effects on your paycheck - This calculator lets you see how varying contribution levels affect your paycheck.
- Retirement shortfall calculator - Helps you quickly determine your shortfall or surplus at retirement
- Individual 401(k) savings calculator - Helps the self-employed project their retirement savings
About Bankrate, Inc.
Bankrate, Inc. (NASDAQ:RATE) ("Bankrate") owns and operates Bankrate.com, a leading Internet consumer banking marketplace. Bankrate.com is a destination site of personal finance channels, including banking, investing, taxes, debt management and college finance. Bankrate is the leading aggregator of more than 300 financial products, including mortgages, credit cards, new and used auto loans, money market accounts and CDs, checking and ATM fees, home equity loans and online banking fees. Bankrate reviews more than 4,800 financial institutions in 575 markets in 50 states. In 2006, Bankrate.com had nearly 53 million unique visitors. Bankrate provides financial applications and information to a network of more than 75 partners, including Yahoo! (NASDAQ:YHOO) , America Online (NYSE:TWX) , The Wall Street Journal (NYSE:DJ) and The New York Times (NYSE:NYT) . Bankrate's information is also distributed through more than 400 national and state publications. In addition to Bankrate.com, Bankrate also owns and operates Bankrate Select, an Internet lead aggregator, Mortgage-calc.com, which provides consumers with financial calculators, and Mortgage Market Information Services, Inc. and Interest.com, Inc., each of which publishes mortgage guides and financial rates and information.