|New mobile app is focused on meeting plan sponsors where they are
NEW YORK, May 14, 2018 -- TIAA announced today the launch of a new mobile app tailored to the unique needs of plan sponsors for both iOS and Android platforms. This mobile version of PlanFocus, TIAA's award-winning /1/ website for plan sponsors, simplifies the digital experience for plan sponsors by providing access and administrative functions to expand the sponsors' ability to support their institutions and employees more efficiently and empower them to work the way they need to across multiple devices and away from their desks.
With this new offer, TIAA has brought the simplicity and the ease of the individual's digital experience to the institutional space. "With plan sponsors taking on more responsibility than ever before, we want to provide them with the digital tools they need to be attentive and responsive regardless of whether they are at their desks or having hallway conversations with participants," said Doug Chittenden, executive vice president and president of Institutional Retirement at TIAA.
Through a thoughtful design, the mobile experience enables plan sponsors to:
"Mobile technology has been a powerful driver of convenience in our personal lives from shopping to banking and everything in between. We believe our plan sponsor mobile app will create the same convenience in the institutional segment, enabling a better experience for plan sponsors and their participants," said Scott Blandford, TIAA's chief digital officer.
- Communicate and collaborate directly with their TIAA relationship and support teams via email and phone from the app.
- Support their participants by searching for participants securely and quickly - Provides valuable interactions with plan participants "on-the-go" including the ability to answer questions about allocations, contributions, loan balances, YTD activity and total and vested balances.
- New workflow features let sponsors review and act on timely requests including "approving" transactions from participants more efficiently.
- Stay up to date with pending action items and notices including important deadlines, contribution file alerts and service request updates.
- Review plan performance data including plan balance, number of contributing participants, average age of participants, average employee contributions and average employer contributions.
- Help plan sponsors work when it's convenient for them. Some plan sponsors need access from outside of the office; now they have the flexibility to log-in from anywhere anytime.
This application has been made available to all clients via Apple or the Google App stores.
With an award-winning /2/ track record for consistent investment performance, TIAA (TIAA.org) is the leading provider of financial services in the academic, research, medical, cultural and government fields. TIAA has nearly $1 trillion in assets under management (as of 3/31/2018 /3/) and offers a wide range of financial solutions, including investing, banking, advice and education, and retirement services.
/1/ PlanFocus was ranked number 1 in the defined contribution (DC) plan sponsor category for 14 consecutive quarters by DALBAR, a respected market research firm that regularly evaluates financial services websites: 3Q14-1Q15 (1 out of 43), 2Q15 (1 out of 29), 3Q15-4Q15 (1 out of 30), 1Q16-2Q16 (1 out of 29), 3Q16-1Q17 (1 out of 30), 2Q17 (1 out of 29), and 3Q17-4Q17 (1 out of 28). http://www.dalbar.com/Awards/WebMonitorRankings
/2/ The Lipper Large Fund Award is given to the group with the lowest average decile ranking of three years' Consistent Return for eligible funds over the three-year period ended 11/30/12 (36 fund companies), 11/30/13 (48), 11/30/14 (48), 11/30/15 (37), 11/30/16 (34) and 11/30/17 (34) with at least five equity, five bond, or three mixed-asset portfolios. Note this award pertains to mutual funds within the TIAA-CREF group of mutual funds; other funds distributed by Nuveen Securities were not included. From Thomson Reuters Lipper Awards, © 2018 Thomson Reuters. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Past performance does not guarantee future results. Certain funds have fee waivers in effect. Without such waivers ratings could be lower. For current performance, rankings and prospectuses, please visit the Research and Performance section on TIAA.org. Securities offered through Nuveen, LLC, and TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, members FINRA and SIPC.
/3/ Based on $999 billion of assets under management across Nuveen Investments affiliates and TIAA investment management teams as of 3/31/18.
TIAA-CREF Individual & Institutional Services, LLC, Teachers Personal Investors Services, Inc., and Nuveen Securities, LLC, Members FINRA and SIPC, distribute securities products.
© 2018 Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America-College Retirement Equities Fund, 730 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017