Coronavirus (COVID-19) News and Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webcasts
Subscribe to Free Daily Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

Retirement Plan Consultant

DWC - The 401(k) Experts

DWC - The 401(k) Experts logo

Retirement Plan Administrator

Steidle Pension Solutions, LLC
(Lebanon NJ)

Steidle Pension Solutions, LLC logo

Senior Plan Consultant

Jocelyn Pension Consulting
(Telecommute / San Rafael CA / Boulder CO)

Jocelyn Pension Consulting logo

Retirement Plan Administrator


SPS logo

Director of Regulatory Affairs

Health Plans Inc
(Westborough MA)

Health Plans Inc logo

Free Daily News and Jobs

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Get the BenefitsLink app LinkedIn

BenefitsLink > Q&A Columns >

Stop, Look & Listen: Railroad Retirement Benefits Q&A

Answers are provided by Robert S. Kaufman

How Can a Person with a Hearing Problem Contact the Railroad Retirement Board?

(Posted January 19, 2016)

Question 1241: I would like to know about applying for Divorce Spouse retirement benefits. I am researching both the Social Security and RR Retirement plans to determine which one better serves my situation. From what I can tell, I meet the qualifications. I was married for 13 years, am now single, and will be 65 this year. I have a hearing disability and am unable to communicate by phone, which is why I'm reaching out to you via e-mail. What can I do to apply?


The Railroad Retirement Board has a TTY phone number: (312) 751-4701. 

Otherwise you can use this hyperlink to find contact information about the closest RRB District Office:

Important notice:

Answers are provided as general guidance on the subjects covered in the question and are not provided as legal advice to the questioner or to readers. Any legal issues should be reviewed by your legal counsel to apply the law to the particular facts of this and similar situations.

The law in this area changes frequently. Answers are believed to be correct as of the posting dates shown. The completeness or accuracy of a particular answer may be affected by changes in the law (statutes, regulations, rulings, court decisions, etc.) that occur after the date on which a particular Q&A is posted.

Copyright 1997-2017 Robert S. Kaufman
Related links:

(restricted access)

(restricted access)

© 2020, Inc.