Coronavirus (COVID-19) News and Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webcasts
Subscribe to Free Daily Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

Retirement Plan Consultant

DWC - The 401(k) Experts

DWC - The 401(k) Experts logo

Retirement Plan Administrator


SPS logo

Retirement Plan Administrator

Steidle Pension Solutions, LLC
(Lebanon NJ)

Steidle Pension Solutions, LLC logo

Director of Regulatory Affairs

Health Plans Inc
(Westborough MA)

Health Plans Inc logo

Senior Plan Consultant

Jocelyn Pension Consulting
(Telecommute / San Rafael CA / Boulder CO)

Jocelyn Pension Consulting logo

Free Daily News and Jobs

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Get the BenefitsLink app LinkedIn

BenefitsLink > Q&A Columns >

Stop, Look & Listen: Railroad Retirement Benefits Q&A

Answers are provided by Robert S. Kaufman

RRB's Toll-Free Help-Line

(Posted February 22, 2004)

Question 385: What is the telephone number to contact for employee statements?

Answer: You can call the RRB Help Line toll-free at (800) 808-0772 from either a touch-tone or rotary telephone.

You can obtain a statement showing your months of railroad service and the amount of compensation credited to you under the Railroad Retirement Act. You will need your Social Security number to obtain this statement. RRB will mail the statement to your home address.

If you are receiving a railroad retirement annuity, you can request a letter showing your current monthly annuity rate. You will need your RRB claim number and your date of birth. RRB will mail the letter to your home address.

If you are covered by Medicare and lose your Medicare card, you can request a replacement Medicare card. You will need your railroad retirement claim number, your Medicare number and your social security number. RRB will mail the new Medicare card to your home address.

You can find the address and telephone number of the RRB field office serving your area. You will be asked to enter your zip code to obtain this information.

You can also hear special announcements about the benefit programs administered by the RRB and get information about any unemployment or sickness benefits you receive.

Important notice:

Answers are provided as general guidance on the subjects covered in the question and are not provided as legal advice to the questioner or to readers. Any legal issues should be reviewed by your legal counsel to apply the law to the particular facts of this and similar situations.

The law in this area changes frequently. Answers are believed to be correct as of the posting dates shown. The completeness or accuracy of a particular answer may be affected by changes in the law (statutes, regulations, rulings, court decisions, etc.) that occur after the date on which a particular Q&A is posted.

Copyright 1997-2017 Robert S. Kaufman
Related links:

(restricted access)

(restricted access)

© 2020, Inc.