Coronavirus (COVID-19) News and Resources
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Webcasts
Subscribe to Free Daily Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

401(k) Associate
Blue Ridge ESOP Associates logo
Blue Ridge ESOP Associates
(Charlottesville VA / Telecommute)
Retirement Plan Consultant
Cetera Retirement Plan Specialists logo
Cetera Retirement Plan Specialists

Free Daily News and Jobs

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Get the BenefitsLink app LinkedIn

BenefitsLink > Q&A Columns >

Stop, Look & Listen: Railroad Retirement Benefits Q&A

Answers are provided by Robert S. Kaufman

Submitting Medicare Part B Claims for Railroad Retirement Beneficiaries

(Posted March 9, 2004)

Question 403: My mother-in-law has Medicare through Railroad Retirement. Last November she had an auto accident. Her medical payments limit was only $1,000 as the driver. She was taken by ambulance to the hospital-- that charge alone was $800. After the auto insurance company makes its payments, can we submit the remaining medical bills to the Railroad Retirement Board?

Answer: You should submit the unpaid bills to the Railroad Retirement Part B Medicare carrier, Palmetto GBA, PO Box 548, Auguasta GA 30999-- not to the Railroad Retirement Board.

Important notice:

Answers are provided as general guidance on the subjects covered in the question and are not provided as legal advice to the questioner or to readers. Any legal issues should be reviewed by your legal counsel to apply the law to the particular facts of this and similar situations.

The law in this area changes frequently. Answers are believed to be correct as of the posting dates shown. The completeness or accuracy of a particular answer may be affected by changes in the law (statutes, regulations, rulings, court decisions, etc.) that occur after the date on which a particular Q&A is posted.

Copyright 1997-2017 Robert S. Kaufman
Related links:

(restricted access)

(restricted access)

© 2020, Inc.