Subscribe to Free Daily Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

ESOP Consultant

Ascensus
(Atlanta GA / Telecommute)
Retirement Plan Administrator

Group RHI
(Dallas TX / Houston TX / Telecommute)
Project Manager Benefits Communication

BeneCom Associates
(Acton MA / Telecommute)
Client Success Specialist

Ubiquity Retirement + Savings
(AZ / CA / CO / FL / IL / KY / LA / MA / NC / NJ / NV / NY / OR / SC / WA / Telecommute)
Defined Contribution Plan Administrator

The MandMarblestone Group, llc
(Philadelphia PA / Telecommute)
Plan Document Specialist

Aimpoint Pension
(Pompano Beach FL / Telecommute)
Retirement Plan Administrator

Farmer & Betts, Inc.
(Tacoma WA / Littleton CO / Tualatin OR)
Retirement Plan Administration Consultant

TSC
(Edina MN / Telecommute)
Sales - 401(k) / DB Administration

Farmer & Betts, Inc.
(Tacoma WA / AL / FL / GA / IA / IL / IN / MD / MN / MO / NC / OH / OK / PA / TN / TX / VA / WI)
Senior Pension Consultant

The Ryding Company
(Westlake Village CA)

Free Daily News and Jobs

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Get the BenefitsLink app LinkedIn
Twitter
Facebook

<< Previous news item   |   Next news item >>



[Opinion]

11/12/2012: Upcoming Jump in PBGC Deficit Will Be Non-Event (PDF) (American Benefits Council)
2 pages. "The dramatic drop in interest rates over the last 12 months will have the temporary effect of making PGGC's liabilities as of September 30, 2012 appear far greater than they were last year and greater than they really are, thus creating [a] record deficit.... Almost 80% of the PBGC's deficit is directly attributable to the decline in interest rates since September 30, 2008.... The remaining 20% ... is attributable to the fact that PBGC uses an interest rate that is materially lower than interest rates required by [FASB], [IASB], and the Pension Protection Act of 2006."
Please click here to report this link if it is broken (for example, if you see a "404 File Not Found" error message after you click on the link above).
An important word about authorship: BenefitsLink® is providing a hypertext link to the item shown above, but is not the author of the item (unless otherwise specified).
© 2020 BenefitsLink.com, Inc.