Subscribe Now!
Free Daily News, Jobs, Webcasts, Discussions
Display and Distribute
Your Job Openings
COVID-19 News
COVID-19 Webcasts

Featured Jobs

Retirement Plan Consultant

(Telecommute / Dallas TX / University Place WA / Spring TX)

Definiti logo

Distribution Specialist

Carpenter Morse Group
(Telecommute / Longwood FL)

Carpenter Morse Group logo

Qualified Plan Administrator

Clark Schaefer Hackett
(Cincinnati OH / Miamisburg OH / Columbus OH)

Clark Schaefer Hackett logo

Free Daily News and Jobs

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Mobile App image LinkedIn icon
Twitter icon
Facebook icon

<< Previous news item   |   Next news item >>

What to Do With 'Orphaned' 401(k)s
U.S. News & World Report Link to more items from this source
June 3, 2014
"The quickest, easiest way to locate an orphaned account is to call the human resources department at your former employer. They should be able to help you or direct you to the plan provider. For more difficult circumstances -- for example, that the company you worked for no longer exists, or you left many years ago and human resources cannot tell you where your account is held -- it could be difficult to track down your orphaned account. In that case, a government agency could help: the [PBGC]. This organization is designed to help find lost defined-benefit plans, commonly known as pensions, but it may be able to help find a 401(k) or similar defined-contribution plan. The National Registry of Unclaimed Retirement Benefits is another option to consider."

Please click here to report this link if it is broken (for example, if you see a "404 File Not Found" error message after you click on the link above).
An important word about authorship: BenefitsLink® is providing a hypertext link to the item shown above, but is not the author of the item (unless otherwise specified).
© 2020, Inc.