Subscribe to Free Daily Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

Retirement Plan Administration Consultant

(Edina MN / Telecommute)
Sales - 401(k) / DB Administration

Farmer & Betts, Inc.
(Tacoma WA / AL / FL / GA / IA / IL / IN / MD / MN / MO / NC / OH / OK / PA / TN / TX / VA / WI)
Senior Pension Consultant

The Ryding Company
(Westlake Village CA)
Retirement Plan Administration Manager

(Fort Worth TX)
ESOP Administrator

Blue Ridge ESOP Associates
(Charlottesville VA / Telecommute)

Free Daily News and Jobs

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Get the BenefitsLink app LinkedIn

<< Previous news item   |   Next news item >>

Traditional 401(k) plan has been in effect since 2006. For the first year, the plan was filed using the correct EIN. The following year (and each year since) the plan was filed using an incorrect EIN (off by one number). They even received a delinquent filing notice from the IRS back in 2007 due to the incorrect EIN situation. What would be the correction here? Would the plan need to: [1] Amend all 5500s back to 2007? If yes, how would the 2017 filing be handled? Would they need to indicate a "change" in Q.4 on the Form 5500, indicating a change in the name and/or EIN of the plan sponsor? (If the name and/or EIN of the plan sponsor or the plan name has changed since the last return/report filed for this plan, enter the plan sponsor's name, EIN, the plan name and the plan number from the last return/report:). [2] Just indicate the "change" in Q.4 and move forward, not amending any past filings? [3] Use DFVCP?
Please click here to report this link if it is broken (for example, if you see a "404 File Not Found" error message after you click on the link above).
An important word about authorship: BenefitsLink® is providing a hypertext link to the item shown above, but is not the author of the item (unless otherwise specified).
© 2020, Inc.