Subscribe (Free) to
Daily or Weekly Newsletters
Post a Job

Featured Jobs

Retirement Plan Administrator

Nicholas Pension Consultants
(Remote / Corona CA / Rancho Cordova CA)

Nicholas Pension Consultants logo

Retirement Plan Analyst/Administrator

Compensation Strategies Group, Ltd.
(Remote / Beaumont TX)

Compensation Strategies Group, Ltd. logo

Education Consultant

Pentegra
(Remote / Putnam Valley NY)

Pentegra logo

Quality Assurance Manager

Nova 401(k) Associates
(Remote)

Nova 401(k) Associates logo

View More Employee Benefits Jobs

Free Newsletters

“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”

-- An attorney subscriber

Mobile App image LinkedIn icon
Twitter icon
Facebook icon

<< Previous news item   |   Next news item >>



Reducing Future Accruals Under a DB Plan
BenefitsLink Message BoardsLink to more items from this source
Oct. 27, 2021

"A DB plan had a benefit formula of 6% per year of participation for the first year of the plan. For the second year (takeover for second year), we want to use 3% for each year of participation (of course with a 204(h) notice). However, we want the accrual for this second year to be 3% of comp for this year of participation, without reducing the current accrual due to the benefits earned for the first year -- meaning the total benefit at the end of the second year will be the 6% of comp accrual for the first year plus the 3% of comp accrual for the second year. Based on this, would the following be an appropriate language for the plan document as the plan benefit formula? 'For 12/31/2021 year 6% of average comp, and for 12/31/2022 and future years, 3% of average compensation, WITHOUT WEARAWAY.'"

Please click here to report this link if it is broken (for example, if you see a "404 File Not Found" error message after you click on the link above).
An important word about authorship: BenefitsLink® is providing a hypertext link to the item shown above, but is not the author of the item (unless otherwise specified).
© 2022 BenefitsLink.com, Inc.