BenefitsLink logo
EmployeeBenefitsJobs logo

Search the News

Featured Jobs
Retirement Plan Services Associate
ESOP Administrator
Conversion Specialist
401(k) Administrator
DC Valuations Specialist
Loan & Distribution Specialists
Retirement Plan Implementation Data Specialist
Sr. Employer Benefits Financial Analyst
Area President / Branch Manager
Senior Counsel
Retirement Account Administrator
Search all jobs
Get the BenefitsLink app for iPhone and iPad LinkedIn

Jump to content



  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 karen1027


    Registered User

  • Registered
  • 61 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

If the divorced parent who provides health insurance changes to a plan where the out-of-pockets costs are much higher for the other parent than the original coverage, is there anything the parent who now has much higher out-of-pocket costs can do? The plan is not what is indicated on the QMCSO.

#2 QDROphile


    Registered User

  • Sitewide Moderator
  • 3,872 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 11:44 AM

If you do not think that the current situation is consistent with the intent of the order, you can apply for a modification of the order. Your prospects depend on state law. Most of the time, the medical child support order is a matter of child support. If the appropriate support is no longer being provided, the court might order the noncustodial parent to do something else. However, the practical options may be limited.