Jump to content

Housing allowance and IRA rollover

Guest skim3011

Recommended Posts

Guest skim3011

I have a minister that has rolled monies from his church pension plan in the mid 1980s to an IRA. His CPA is now stating that he can take a distribution from the IRA and designate them as housing allowance which would make the distribution tax free. Two questions:

1. Can this be done out of an IRA?

2. If it cannot be completed out of the IRA, could the monies be transferred back into a 403(b) account and then distributed as a housing allowance?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...