Jump to content

USERRA Application to Government Plans

Guest Paul Jalazo

Recommended Posts

Guest Paul Jalazo

Section 414(u) of the Code requires a plan to

"make up" pension contributions missed during a reemployed veteran's military service.

I have a government employer who has a social security replacement plan (a money purchase pension in lieu of the social security system ).

Would 414(u) apply to this type of plan?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Hmm. Has anyone thought about this?

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...