Jump to content

Public Employees Retirement Plan


Recommended Posts

What kind of retirement plan is what?

Public employees retirement plans are generally qualified defined benefit or defined contribution (457) plans. Either can be rolled over into a 401(k) plan, if the governmental plan provides for cashout of benefits. (Most don't unless the participant is willing to forfeit the employer-funded portion of the benefit.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...