Jump to content

Permissive Service Credits - Trustee to Trustee Transfers


Recommended Posts


Code Section 415(n)(3) allows trustee-to-trustee transfers from 403(b) or 457(b) plans for the purchase of permissive service credits.

Code Section 402©(10) allows Section 457(b) plans to accept rollovers from 401(k) plans as long as such amounts are separately accounted for.

My question: Has the IRS issued guidance on whether an individual can rollover 401(k) monies into a governmental 457(b) plan and then transfer those amounts for the purpose of purchasing permissive service credits?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...