Qdro funds distributed incorrectly. Please help

In my divorce decree, my wife was awarded 50 percent of my 401k from the time that we were married which was 12 years. Fidelity qdro gave her 50 percent of my entire 401k for 21 years. How do I recoup my funds for the 9 years before we were married?

If you want to play according to Hoyle, you would submit a claim under the plan’s claims procedures.  The procedures are either contained in the plan’s Summary Plan Description (SPD) or summarized in the SPD with a referral to a separate document.

I do not know what you mean by a “Fidelity   qdro” and my suggestion is based on the QDRO actually saying what you purport to be the correct assignment to your former spouse.  If the QDRO does not say what you think it should, then you need to take a different approach for relief.

Duplicate posts are usually difficult to manage.  Go here:

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.