Jump to content

Individual Stocks in 457

Guest Monster

Recommended Posts

The quick answer is that a governmental plan can, provided that (a) there is no barrier to doing so under applicable state and local law, and (B) the stocks are held by a trustee under the plan trust. In the case of a nongovernmental plan, the stocks would have to be held in a "rabbi trust."

Employee benefits legal resource site

The opinions of my postings are my own and do not necessarily represent my law firm's position, strategies, or opinions. The contents of my postings are offered for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. A visit to this board or an exchange of information through this board does not create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult directly with an attorney for individual advice regarding your particular situation. I am not your lawyer under any circumstances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...