Ex-Spouse died before retirement. He was court ordered to hold life insurance policy but didnt.

I have a QDRO and Supplemental Journal Entry that the court ordered my ex to keep a life insurance policy in the amount of 200k. When he died I found out not only that he didn't have the insurance, but that he also used DROP to move part of his retirement funds and I was not notified. His estate executor has denied my claim for the estate funds because the administrator of OP&F says no benefits are payable to me. Only his named beneficiary. What are my recourses?  I have not been able to identify an attorney skilled in this space. (Only a few that don't work in Cuyahoga County)

Just my opinion, you should NOT be posting your personal information on this public site.

I'm a retirement actuary. Nothing about my comments is intended or should be construed as investment, tax, legal or accounting advice. Occasionally, but not all the time, it might be reasonable to interpret my comments as actuarial or consulting advice.

Talked to Cleveland based lawyer friend, he suggested Gary Shulman and QDRO Consultants, Inc.

The material provided and the opinions expressed in this post are for general informational purposes only and should not be used or relied upon as the basis for any action or inaction. You should obtain appropriate tax, legal, or other professional advice.