metsfan026 Posted October 3 Posted October 3 Trying to determine if a potential new client is an Affiliated Service Group. I don't think it is, but I wanted to be 100% sure: Client is a management company, working with 40+ different affiliates. While they have an ownership stake in each one, it is far less than the requirement to be a Controlled Group, and each individual affiliate has a different owner. They perform management functions for each one, but obviously with more than 40, no one affiliate represents at least 50% of their functions (nor does it satisfy the receipt test) From the way I'm looking at it, it wouldn't be considered an Affiliated Service Group but I wanted to be 100% sure. Thanks in advance!
FORMER ESQ. Posted Tuesday at 05:23 PM Posted Tuesday at 05:23 PM I would not look at the term "management functions" narrowly and apply only the M-Org analysis to determine if its an ASG.After all, many of the "management activities" are the "performance of services" and therefore, there is a possibility of an A or B Org type of ASG. B. Parvarandeh legalbp@gmail.com
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now