Jump to content

Simple IRA excess contributions

Recommended Posts

Employee had excess contributions for 2009, funded $20,000, he was making up for 'catch up' contributions missed in prior years. I am fairly certain that this is not allowed but what is the correction method?

1. Is it to return to the employee, adjusted for g/l?

2. His w-2 would show $20k for 2009 (I assume I do not mess with this), then he should he receive a 1099r for 2009 for the excess or is the 1099r issued 2010 and coded for 2009 excess?


Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...