TD Ameritrade SDIB - arggh

A shot in the dark here, but does anyone know of a good contact number for TD Ameritrade to get statements? We have a takeover plan with 30+ individual accounts that is being (has been) converted to a platform. We managed, with great difficulty, getting about 20 of the accounts transferred over, and we have access to the TDA website for account activity. Somewhat unbelievably, at least to my way of thinking, anyone who was paid out immediately drops off of their website, so we have no activity information on those accounts. (All we are trying to do is get statements; the money is gone.)

Unfortunately, this part of TDA's business was sold to Schwab, and they are pointing fingers at one another as to who has this info. The TDA area I've been talking to is really for transferring money in or out, but the client services number they give me is for Schwab, and they insist that they don't have info on accounts that weren't transferred, which I believe. The broker is of no help at all; not only do they have the same problem with the accounts disappearing, but we took "their" money so they are refusing further assistance (and in general are worse than useless anyway but that is a given).

So...any ideas for getting info on TDA "legacy" accounts?

Ed Snyder

Bird, that really sucks.  I've been around the TD space for years, but have not had to interact with them for a while due to job role.  I have asked my co-workers that have TD logins to see if they still have access and they still do......  Accounts are showing closed, but can still get to statements.  

Being that you said someone still had access TD.... did they try to type the name into the search bar?  We found some "old", terminated participants in there still....

Try calling 1-866-423-2683.  The number works and is listed as a Schwab number now.   Maybe you can get lucky and get to someone helpful that can search by the plan EIN or tax number and back track into the "purged" accounts.

Good Luck

42 minutes ago, EMoney said:

Are there any local TDA (now Schwab) offices in your area? In recent years, we came across an advisor in a local TDA office and working with him has made our life much easier when we need things done (i.e. statement copies, distributions, etc.).

Thanks, that might work

Ed Snyder