Consultant Guy Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago I have a 401(k) that is terminating 12/31/2026. How do I handle the RMD's for parts that are still working past 73? Does the exemption if your still working apply?
CuseFan Posted 14 hours ago Posted 14 hours ago If the plan provision says later of applicable age or retirement then those people are not at their RBD and have no RMD. Bri 1 Kenneth M. Prell, CEBS, ERPA Vice President, BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services kprell@bpas.com
Bri Posted 10 hours ago Posted 10 hours ago I'd agree, unless the plan termination is also tied to a company sale or something where the participants have severed employment.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now