Consultant Guy Posted September 28 Posted September 28 I have a 401(k) that is terminating 12/31/2026. How do I handle the RMD's for parts that are still working past 73? Does the exemption if your still working apply?
CuseFan Posted September 28 Posted September 28 If the plan provision says later of applicable age or retirement then those people are not at their RBD and have no RMD. Bri 1 Kenneth M. Prell, CEBS, ERPA Vice President, BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services kprell@bpas.com
Bri Posted September 28 Posted September 28 I'd agree, unless the plan termination is also tied to a company sale or something where the participants have severed employment.
CuseFan Posted September 29 Posted September 29 True Kenneth M. Prell, CEBS, ERPA Vice President, BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services kprell@bpas.com
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now