HarleyBabe Posted 23 hours ago Posted 23 hours ago Hello have a situation where Penchecks issued a Form 1099R for a distribution and withholding for the incorrect year because they received the information a day late for their processing. The distribution was for a 2025 RMD. The distribution and withholding were withheld and paid timely. The only issue is the Form 1099R. How exactly can I correct this before the letter comes with the issue which I'm sure will come. Penchecks refuses to process a corrected because they said they received the data after their cutoff. Do I prepare my own corrected 1099R for 2025 and send in to negate their 2026 1099R? Is that going to confuse the IRS with one coming from Penchecks with their numbers used to send in the taxes taxes and one coming from my office. I'm just not sure how to correct this whole situation especially being everything was withheld and paid timely. It's just the reporting. Thank you.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now