Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

Is there a resource that can tell me how multi employer DC plans differ from single employer plans?

A recorded webinar?  Other web resources?

I have my first true multi employer plan and want to make sure I get it right.  (I've had union plans, but they were just plans for the union people of a specific company.  Now I have the union's (local) plan.)

QKA, QPA, CPC, ERPA

Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.

Posted

The International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plan (IFEBP), a co-sponsor of the Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation, is big into "Taft-Hartley Plans" - i.e. multiemployer plans. You can visit their website but I don't know how much meaningful content is available to non members.

Kenneth M. Prell, CEBS, ERPA

Vice President, BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services

kprell@bpas.com

Posted

Thanks for the "echo" Lois.

The IFEBP also does much in the area of large corporate employers, especially with H&W (health & welfare - not husband & wife, the common vernacular here), but yes, very limited useful content for the small and middle market. We have a corporate membership as we're also in all those practice areas. An individual membership is not too expensive, IMHO as you noted, and worth the investment for someone practicing in the multiemployer space - or at least a one-year trial for someone trying to break into that space.

Kenneth M. Prell, CEBS, ERPA

Vice President, BPAS Actuarial & Pension Services

kprell@bpas.com

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...